Are you a teacher searching to develop your integrated STEM skills? This page is for you!
Enrol for the “STEM is Everywhere (Rerun)” MOOC
& for the STE(A)M IT “Integrated STEM Teaching” MOOCS
ABOUT THE MOOCS PACKAGE
The first STEM MOOCs package of European Schoolnet Academy consists of three unique MOOCs and allows teachers to obtain a special certificate from European Schoolnet Academy on their “Connecting STEM to the world all around us in an Integrated STEM expertise”. These courses give teachers the opportunity to bring their learning experience to the next level by mastering the integration of real-world STEM problems in their lessons with the ‘STEM is Everywhere!’ MOOC, and discovering how to develop and implement a STEM integrated lesson plan with the STE(A)M IT MOOCs.
Designed and carried out by Scientix, the community for science education in Europe, the ‘STEM is Everywhere! Rerun’ MOOC will help primary and secondary school teachers, and teacher trainers from Europe and beyond, to identify Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in everyday life and learn how to integrate real-world STEM problems to their lessons and practice.
The ‘Integrated STEM Teaching for Primary Schools’ MOOC is relevant to primary school teachers of all levels of experience who are interested in learning how to go from teaching isolated Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics classes, to a real integrated STEM teaching of these topics, not only among themselves but with all other disciplines. This MOOC will examine the opportunities offered by integrated STEM teaching and will provide many practical examples.
The ‘Integrated STEM Teaching for Secondary Schools’ MOOC aims to provide secondary school teachers with essential skills and knowledge to go from isolated Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics classes, to a real integrated STEM teaching of these topics. And not only among themselves but with all other disciplines. Furthermore, you will be able to explore exemplary STE(A)M integrated lesson plans created and tested by other teachers, and many more relevant resources.
In the ‘STEM is Everywhere! Rerun’ MOOC, participants will:
- Identify STEM in everyday life and learn how to integrate real-world STEM problems in your lessons
- Build confidence in trying out new methods in the classroom, such as an interdisciplinary approach
- Explore a range of resources, tools and strategies for activities that enhance STEM in real life
- Learn about 21st-century skills and how to address them in the classroom • Review the work of course peers
- Reflect on your professional practice, beliefs and learning
In the ‘Integrated STEM Teaching’ MOOCs, participants will:
- Learn how to use and apply the STE(A)M integrated teaching
- Learn how to use real-world challenges and STEM careers to contextualise STEM teaching and increase students’ engagement
- Develop and implement STE(A)M integrated lesson plans combining 3-4 different subjects
- Address with students a real-world challenge
- Convert integrated STEM to teaching practices
- ‘STEM is Everywhere! Rerun’: 7 September – 14 October 2020 (5.5 weeks)
- ‘Integrated STEM Teaching’ MOOCs: 26 October – 2 December (5.5 weeks)
Curious to know more? Read about: